Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Friendly Plug: Twenty Epics

John Scalzi blogged about Twenty Epics a couple of months ago. I thought it sounded interesting (the structuring conceit of the anthology is that each story tells an epic tale in 10,000 words or less), but this was in the middle of our two-weddings-and-a-funeral summer, so I more or less forgot about it.

A short while ago, I got back in touch with a friend I had fallen out of touch with, and it turns out he had a story published in Twenty Epics. When I found that out, I went and ordered the book immediately, read his story first, and quite enjoyed it. I then read the rest of the stories, and other than one or two which were a little too elliptical for my taste, I enjoyed them all.

So if you like epics you can read in less than half an hour, go get yourself a copy and enjoy. Or not. De gustibus non est disputandum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, don't leave us hanging. Who is your friend and what is the name of his/her piece?

rantingnerd said...

I believe his story is #11 in the book, so you can buy the book and figure it out that way....

<ducks and runs>

rantingnerd said...

BTW, my friend told me I can mention him by name: it's Paul Berger. (Hi, Paul!)