Saturday, March 14, 2009

Interstitial Advertising FAIL

I have a pile of books and movies and albums (from the last year or so) about which I've wanted to post at least short reviews, and I figured I'd come up with a catchy name for the sequence. I wanted something with rhyme and assonance and the only thing I could come up with was "Delayed Deconstruction", which isn't quite right, and "Retarded Reviews", which has the right denotation and entirely wrong (and unfortunate, if not downright offensive) connotations. So I went to Merriam-Webster.com to look for less-freighted synonyms of "retarded" that would match it's original meaning of "delayed".

I then got

retard

One entry found.


Sponsored Links
Go Here if Ur Stupid
Take the Stupid Test. Learn how stupid you are!
DumbSpot.com/stupid-test


Entry Word: retard
Function: verb

Text: to cause to move or proceed at a less rapid pace <an herbicide to retard the growth of weeds>— see slow 1

Not quite an epic FAIL, but worth at least an "augh!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty faily, yep. :(